Ellipse Data are industry leaders in aggregating and manipulating sports data to create products and services that enrich the experience of sports fans and teams around the world. We currently operate in cricket, tennis, and rugby, with ambitious plans and financial backing to apply our philosophy and expertise to expand into other sports.
Our team of highly skilled developers, engineers, data scientists and editorial analysts work with and create products used by international boards, global broadcasters, media groups and some of the most recognisable sporting teams in the world.
Ellipse is now in a position where its data products and analysis is used in sports competitions around the world, and an Ellipse client may be using our data at any minute of every day throughout the year.
Ellipse is now looking for an ambitious and experienced Head of Customer Manager, who can help define, implement and manage our approach to supporting an increasingly global, ‘always-on’ client base in a way which balances customer needs with the commercial imperatives of the business.
Role Scope & Purpose:
Reporting directly to the Ellipse Operations Director, the successful candidate will lead a new, centralised Customer Support function, and will work with the Ellipse CEO and the MDs of Ellipse’s sports businesses to understand their customer support requirements and ensure that these requirements are updated as the businesses continue to scale.
The role will have several accountabilities including:
– Deliver on the customer support requirements of various business units. This would include:
- Taking ultimate ownership of customer issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Consolidating and operationalising the SLAs of our various customer agreements
- Working with Product Directors, gain an understanding of specific customer support requirements, incl. service procedures, policies, and standards for users of Ellipse products
- Gaining an understanding of the analysis services being provided by Ellipse’s sports experts and editorial teams and the support required to ensure that they can use Ellipse’s systems accordingly
- Taking ownership of existing support tools and processes and implementing new ones as necessary
– Work with Ellipse’s Operations Director, Head of Engineering and Engineering Lead across each sports business to define and implement a strategy to meet the requirements identified by the different business units. This should include:
- Tailoring a tiered response structure that defines different levels of customer support requirements (where customers may be internal or external) and ensures an appropriate workflow to address issues
- Ensure the implementation of effective tools such as a ‘Ticketing System’, to support an efficient and responsive help desk system aligned to business needs
- Participate / Lead the onboarding of new customers, identifying and coordinating between different internal departments such as Engineering, Product, Finance etc.
- Provide regular reporting and updates on customer service metrics such as response/resolution times, volume of queries etc.
– Provide line management for the any new customer support team members. This should include:
- Developing appropriate rosters for the customer support team to deliver the agreed strategy in a way that is consistent with the team’s terms and conditions by suitably equipped people
- Providing performance management to the customer support team, ensuring that they have appropriate coaching and support to ensure career development opportunities and that any development needs or areas of underperformance are addressed
- Managing team dynamics, as well as the recruitment and retention process to ensure that the team remains fully staffed through periods of staff turnover
- Experience of running a customer support desk across a data products and services business across an international client base
- Experience working with and/or implementing ticketing tools (such as JIRA, Zendesk, Monday etc.)
- Line management experience and experience recruiting small teams
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to build relationships with stakeholders across the business
- Willing to work flexible hours, which would be based around a 40-hour week but is likely to require working in different time periods at different times of the year to reflect the geography of Ellipse’s client base
- Experience in setting up a new customer support function would be advantageous
- The successful candidate will have a technical mind. The relevant candidate does not need a deep technical understanding of data systems or databases, but this would be beneficial.
- Willing to travel within UK (Leeds/London)
Equality and Diversity:
Ellipse is committed to building an open and inclusive culture that supports personal development and learning. Ellipse believes in the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, training, development and promotion despite any differences based on individual grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
- Competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Full time position based in Leeds or London – open hybrid, flexible working with the expectation to be in the office 2 – 3 days / week
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
To apply, please send your CV and a Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject “Customer Support Manager”.
We cannot promise to respond to all applicants due to the volume we receive.