We are looking for a senior Head of Sales to shape our sales organisation and scale revenue to the next level.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with the CCO to architect and implement the sales strategy and building out a team of sales representatives within a matrix led business across specific sports verticals.
The person should be excited by selling into new markets, identifying market opportunities, negotiating complex deals and beating the competition, in head-to-head opportunities.
Chief Commercial Officer
- Execute the plans and strategy for growing revenue for the business and achieving the company’s commercial goals.
- Assists in the development of the sales plan. Prepares forecasts and KPI reporting for the CCO, and senior management / sports vertical owners, for use in organisational planning, financial forecasting, budget setting and strategic planning.
- Manage a portfolio of potential sales leads ensuring they are engaged in a timely and professional manner
- Foster new partnerships and customer relationships, whilst ensuring the ongoing and effective engagement of existing customers and continuation / renewal of existing contracts.
- Review and redefine all sales collateral and CRM solution for the business.
- Build process and funnel for manual top-down reach out, onboarding, activation, and expansion.
- Evangelise the products and work across the business with key stakeholders to identify and support the closure of high value revenue agreements.
- Work collaboratively across teams – including Engineering, Product and Data Science.
- Establish and execute the inbound and outbound sales marketing strategy and lead generation requirements needed to meet your sales objectives.
- Provide full visibility into the sales pipeline at every stage of development.
- In conjunction with the COO and other key business stakeholders, identify and scale the appropriate sales resource across the business.
- Attract, train, motivate, and advise a team of sales representatives.
- Performs other duties as required by the CCO or the Employer.
Skills and attributes
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant sales experience including management of sales resource and account executives and a track record of exceeding sales targets within a data driven B2B business.
- Possess extensive knowledge of structuring sales teams from sales principles
- Experience creating scalable price models, rate cards and sales collateral (presentations, media packs, promotional video, etc).
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Strength in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven results focussed work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Comfortable being hands-on to show how it is done.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment to influence, guide and inspire a cross-functional team to reach ambitious goals
- Ability to travel within the EU, US and internationally.
- Experience in RFP process and responses.
- Strong knowledge of core sports, sports rights and agreements associated with them.
- First-hand experience of selling AI / ML-powered data driven content.
- B2B sports product development is highly advantageous.
- Competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Bonus / commission scheme to reward success
- 25 days holiday a year
- Company pension scheme
- Remote working flexibility