Ellipse Data Ltd is looking for a Data Scientist to join us at the cutting edge of sports analytics. This role is remote with occasional travel to London required for team meetings. The role is starting ASAP. Salary competitive – depending on experience.
About the role:
- You will be working with experienced analysts, using an extensive database consisting of level one, level two and ball/player tracking data.
- You will be analysing and interpreting granular tracking data to generate new insights on player performances and build accurate pricing models for new betting markets, as well as for use by other clients such as broadcasters and professional coaches/teams.
- You will have full autonomy on ideas and approaches to projects.
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of sports betting markets.
- Strong interest and knowledge in a variety of sports, in particular cricket and tennis.
- A passion for data and ability to convey complex information through Data Visualisation.
- Knowledge of machine learning and statistical methods, e.g. linear/logistic regression, decision trees, random forest, unsupervised methods, hypothesis testing etc.
- Experience with one of Python or R.
- Experience using databases and SQL.
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working times
- Free access to matches at The Oval, London
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com with the subject “Data Scientist Vacancy”. Please also include an example of work demonstrating the above skills (e.g. blog post or GitHub repo) and/or a covering note outlining your betting & sports knowledge and experience.
The deadline for applications is 14th January 2022.